NCG Medical is an expanding medical billing company that provides an integrated suite of clinical and financial information management solutions for physician practices and groups. We are seeking talented, driven, solutions-oriented people who share our vision.
We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, vacation time, and other benefits. NCG Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is proud to have a drug-free environment.
Our current available positions are listed below. Please send your resume with corresponding job title to email@example.com if interested. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Charge Entry Representative
- Payment Posting Specialist
- Patient Accounts Insurance Representative
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Payor Credentialing Specialist
- Client Services Coordinator
- Software Support Technician
- Training Specialist
Charge Entry Representative
In this key role, the Charge Entry Specialist is responsible for the daily data entry of inpatient and outpatient services for all entities. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize quickly, work well both independently and in a team setting, and represent NCG in a professional manner that conveys the highest commitment to customer service.
- Verify and enter patient insurance and demographic information utilizing hospital and physician billing systems.
- Generate new accounts and provide maintenance updates on existing accounts.
- Develop batch cover sheets & controls for balancing.
- Enter charges for all visits (including all information required for billing submissions).
- Balance charge tickets.
- Maintain tracking log spreadsheets for missing patients which contain CPT, DX, authorization numbers, and physician signatures.
- Reconcile office schedules, patient lists/sign in sheets, hospital census, logs, etc., to communicate & report discrepancies.
- Process daily interface and working error reports for electronic charge capture.
- Perform other related duties as required by department.
- Strong professional attitude and ability to work and communicate effectively with all staff and management.
- Strong knowledge of medical insurance and healthcare billing.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to comply with procedural guidelines and instructions and to solicit assistance when situations arise that deviate from the norm.
- High School diploma or equivalent (required).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in posting medical charges (required).
- Medical trade school (preferred).
- PC Literacy (Excel, Word, etc.)
Payment Posting Specialist
Performs under minimal supervision and in a professional and friendly manner. Performs all assigned job tasks to the highest level of customer service and assistance to both internal and external customers.
- On a daily basis, the payment poster is expected to accurately read, interpret, and post the paper and electronic explanation of benefits (EOB) from different insurance payers and post payments to patient encounters with minimal or no error rate.
- Demonstrate the ability to make adjustments as necessary when payment posting for Medicare, contracted PPOS, and other insurances.
- Accurately process patient payments sent via mail within a three-day turnaround.
- Follow proper procedures in a timely fashion; notify the Supervisor of any underpayments and payment discrepancies for research.
- Responsible for balancing batches assigned to them via the Practice Management System, as well as the daily posting of these batches. Report any batch issues to their immediate manager and/or supervisor for prompt resolution.
- Collaborate with teammates to insure that our departmental close for each month is met within the first five business days of the following month.
- Work closely with other team members to resolve patient issues.
- Productivity falls within acceptable departmental guidelines established by management; employee consistently strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrate initiative in reviewing company policies to ensure appropriate steps are taken when complicated posting situations arise, and keep error ratio low.
- Perform any additional and/or miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of their knowledge and ability.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in posting medical payments (required).
- Required working knowledge in interpreting explanation of benefits from:
- Medical Terminology
- Insurance Billing
Patient Accounts Insurance Representative
- Responding to team members’ requests.
- Remaining knowledgeable and current on all changes relating to insurance policies and filing procedures.
- Working with the Coding Specialist to ensure accurate use of CPT and ICD-9 codes.
- Working with insurance representatives to ensure claims are filed properly.
- Providing quality customer service to patients.
- Reviewing and maintaining reports.
- Maintaining the daily work flow goals of the department.
- Responding to patient calls within a timely and courteous manner.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook experience (required).
- Typing experience (required).
- High school graduate or equivalent (required).
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills, and the ability to multitask (required).
- Three years of experience working in the healthcare field, preferably in a medical billing department (preferred).
Medical Billing Specialist
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for the entry of all data processed through the Accounts Receivable Office, including all system documentation, charges, payments (lockbox & mail), adjustments, and other transactions. The Medical Billing Specialist performs daily, monthly, and special system processing requirements (i.e., batch posting and balancing) to manage the accounts receivable for timely and maximum reimbursement by adhering to company billing and collection policies.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely filing of all third party claims on behalf of patients/guarantors.
- Coordinates primary and secondary third party coverage and bills in accordance with regulations.
- Codes (or verifies coding) of diagnoses and procedures (ICD.9 and CPT.4) in compliance with third party requirements.
- Keys (or verifies accuracy) of charges and diagnoses.
- Performs all routine and special follow-up on all assigned accounts using telephone and correspondence to affect collection of the account balance; negotiates payment terms; coordinates collection activities between patients, employers, and third parties.
- Validates/audits claims and account details as necessary to support third party compliance and maximum reimbursement.
- Maintains routine communication with physicians, staff, and/or MBS to assure effective handling of account balances.
- Educates physicians and staff about billing regulations, changes, and reimbursement issues.
- Documents all activity on accounts, including corrections, collection activities, etc.
- Initiates account adjustments to correct account balances and/or comply with contractual requirements.
- Evaluates uncollectible accounts and recommends referral to an outside collection agency.
- Receives, responds, and documents all incoming account inquiries, both telephone and correspondence.
- Verifies accuracy of accounting between accounts receivable office, finance, and physician offices for monthly reconciliation.
- Daily receives, sorts, distributes, and/or processes all incoming correspondence received through mail deposit or lockbox.
- Keys all payments, adjustments, and other transactions.
- Performs daily system updates and month-end balancing.
- Balances keyed data to batch controls and notes exceptions to balanced data.
- Sends refunds with appropriate documentation.
- Assists in supporting multiple physician offices as workload dictates.
- High School diploma or GED (required)(.
- Three to five years’ previous healthcare payment posting, billing, collections experience, and/or managed care experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable about third party billing regulations and CPT.4/ICD.9 coding.
- Routine CRT/data entry skills.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Proven record of dependability.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
Processes credentialing and re-credentialing applications of health care providers. Reviews applications and prepares verification letters. Contacts medical office staff, licensing agencies, and insurance carriers to complete credentialing and re-credentialing applications.
- Credential new practices\providers with contracted health care plans.
- Follow up processing of credentialing for new providers and health care plans until participation is confirmed.
- Send out provider applications, forms and other provider correspondence as requested.
- Communicate with health care plan provider relations/representatives regarding participation issues that arise.
- Communicate any credentialing delays or issues to manager.
- Maintain physician and health care plan grids in Microsoft Excel.
- Respond to inquiries regarding status of applications received.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information as dictated by current HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (required).
- 2-3 years experience in provider credentialing and contracting (required).
- Familiarity with HIPAA requirements.
- Great organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and web based applications.
Client Services Coordinator
This position is responsible for acting as a primary point-of-contact for new and existing clients.
- Answering high volume of inbound calls.
- Opening new tickets and updating existing tickets.
- Routing customer questions and complaints with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- Listening, understanding, asking probing questions, and properly documenting customer inquiries or issues in ticketing system.
- Redirecting calls as necessary.
- Accurately assigning tickets to appropriate departments.
- Escalating tickets when necessary in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Providing written correspondence with customers via email and ticket system.
- One year or more experience in a call center environment.
- One year or more experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated comfort level working and supporting clients in a basic technical environment.
- Computer literate. Experience with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, and Word. Additional computer skills are a plus.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Flexible and adapts to change easily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse customer issues and create effective working relationships.
- Team player attitude and willingness to make active contributions to team.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, or experience working in a medical setting, is a plus.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced/high volume environment and work well under pressure.
- Well organized and detail-oriented, while applying sound judgment and decision-making skills to both routine and non-routine issues.
Software Support Technician
The Software Support Technician will be responsible for providing end-user support to physicians, clinical support staff, and other medical office staff on NCG Medical’s complete suite of healthcare information technology, including electronic health records, practice management system, and transactions services.
- Answer customer questions via telephone, email, and online forum.
- Troubleshoot software issues related to NCG Medical proprietary software.
- Provide customer with first level training on clinical software.
- Create knowledge base articles.
- Document steps taken in call tracking system.
- Clearly communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in writing and via telephone.
- Minimum 2 years’ health care or phone-based customer service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to thrive in a high call volume environment.
- Availability between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST. Evening and weekend projects may arise.
- High attention to detail.
- Skilled at problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with electronic health record systems, practice management, and transaction services a plus.
- Knowledge of medical billing or payer requirements a plus.
The Training Specialist will be responsible for providing end-user training to physicians, clinical support staff, and other medical office staff on NCG Medical’s complete suite of healthcare information technology, including electronic health records, practice management system, and transactions services. NCG requires flexibility and the ability to work independently. Extensive travel required.
- Provide training to physician practices, group practices, and multi-specialty clinics.
- Work with internal and external contacts to improve client satisfaction.
- Participate in needs analysis studies to determine training needs within organization.
- Confer with training manager to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Use standardized teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and online workshops.
- Assist in the development of teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas.
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Report on progress of trainees under guidance during training periods.
- Assist in the revision of training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
- At least 5 years’ directly related work in the healthcare industry.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working with medical software (PM and/or Clinical).
- At least 2-3 years in PMS implementation and training experience.
- Proven experience with MS Windows products.
- EHR certification a plus.
- Must have a thorough understanding of a physician office including clinical knowledge, office workflow, appointment scheduling, medical insurance billing, and collections.
- Must be able to exude confidence of medical practice and clinical management knowledge, and the understanding of a customer’s situation, while working with them implementing a new computer system.
- Must be a highly motivated person who can work autonomously as well as being part of a team.
- Must be a process-focused individual able to multitask in challenging, sometimes stressful situations.
- Individual must demonstrate a strong desire for continued education.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to a diverse group of people, both verbally and written.
- Must possess strong facilitation and presentation skills in a classroom setting of 25+ participants.
- Individual should be able to develop and maintain training materials that demonstrate adult learning techniques in a medical office setting.
- Problem-solving skills as well as follow-up skills required.
- Willing to travel 50-75% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.